During this month’s Norwich Refugee Week (19 – 26th June 2022) any money raised will go towards providing free refurbished bikes for refugees and asylum seekers.
Since it was launched in 2018, the Welcome Wheels project has provided over 350 bikes for the refugee community, giving them a cheap and environmentally friendly mode of transport to get around the city. These bikes allow them to get to college, appointments and the shops, giving them an independence they struggle to gain when they first arrive.
Please support this fundraiser in any way you can, even if it’s just donating an old helmet or a bike to Bicycle Links on King Street, who carry out the refurbishments.
What will your donation provide?
- £15: a strong shackle bicycle lock – also known as a ‘D’ lock
- £45: helmet and a set of lights
- £60: a bike lock, helmet and a set of lights
- £100: half a bicycle!
- £200: one refurbished bike – one second hand bike that has been fully repaired and refurbished with new parts, including mudguards and good quality tyres
- £260: the full package – a bicycle, lights, helmet, lock and cycle training session. Everything an individual needs to be mobile!
- £400: two bikes! What’s better than a bike? Two bikes! We have lots of refugees and asylum seekers waiting for a bike so if you can fund two bikes, that’s twice as nice!